Christopher R. Andrus is the co-owner of The Mitten Brewing Company and founder of 501(c)(3) Mitten Foundation, Inc. Besides growing his brewery from small startup to a $4MM+ company with three locations and more than 100 employees, Chris has presided over more than $250,000 in charitable gifts since 2012.
• 2014 “Newsmaker of the Year” Finalist - Grand Rapids Business Journal
• 2015 “Young Entrepreneur of the Year” - Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce
• 2015 “Presidentʼs Award” - Association of Fundraising Professionals
• 2017 “40 Under 40 Business Leader” - Grand Rapids Business Journal
• 2017 “Community Partner Award” - Autism Support of Kent County
• 2018 “Excellence In Business Award” - Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce
• 2018 “Man of the Year” - West Michigan Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
• 2018 “Great Equalizer Award” - Arts in Motion
• 2018 “Beacon of Light Award” - Michigan Harvest Gathering
• 2019 “Michigan 50 Companies to Watch” - Michigan Celebrates Small Business
• 2019 “40 Under 40 Business Leader” - Grand Rapids Business Journal
• 2019 “Twenty to Watch” - Michigan Delegation of the Congressional Black Caucus, Washington D.C.
Chris is a keynote speaker who has guest instructed on entrepreneurship and philanthropy at Grand Valley State University, Kalamazoo Valley Community College and Alma College. He is a regular panelist for the Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce Small Business Series.
Chris has appeared on The Travel Channel and Food Network, and The Mitten Brewing Company has been featured in The New York Times, USA Today, CNN, Chicago Tribune, San Francisco Chronicle, MSN, U.S. News and World Report, and many others.
Chris is currently a member of The Westside Collaborative Board of Directors. He is a member of the Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce’s OutPro Leadership Council, is Vice-President and founder of Mitten Foundation, Inc., and serves on the Leadership Council for the West Michigan Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
In 2019 he formed "Small Biz 4 Equality," a Michigan business coalition whose goal is to advocate for expansion of Michigan’s Civil Rights act to include protections for LGBTQ+ persons. Chris is also a campaign committee member and speechwriter for "Hillary Scholten for Congress" in Michigan’s Third Congressional District.
Chris lives in Rockford, MI with his wife Shannon and sons August and Jude.